Consistency in the use of University trademarks, templates, and guidelines strengthen our messaging across campus. University Marketing and Public Relations should be consulted whenever it is not clear whether a proposed use is permissible.
Official University logos include the UMD wordmark, unit/wordmark combinations, Block M, UMD icon/ligature, Driven to Discover, Bulldog Champ head, standing Champ Bulldog, and the Board of Regents seal.
Take a quick look at our trademarks.
These logos have specific uses and are not interchangeable. The guidelines explain when and how to use each of the University’s logos.
Before proceeding, note the following:
- All marks are reserved for official University business and may not be used to promote non-University activities or imply endorsement.
- Units may not develop new logos or alter existing logos.
- Third party logos may only be used in conjunction with University marks if a signed agreement between the University and the outside vendor or company has been executed. Any use of third party marks on University materials must be approved by University Marketing and Public Relations. Whenever possible, sponsors or collaborators should be indicated in text, not with a logo.
- To use any logos on merchandise or apparel, see Licensing and Merchandise.
- Student Organizations registered through Kirby Student Center should review specific student group guidelines.
To download marks you need to authenticate using your x500 username and password. If you don’t have one, please email us for assistance.